Some essential questions for selecting the right assessments
Considering the wide array of employee assessment available, how should you select what?s best for your organization? Every business has its own unique needs and competencies; every team has its own chemistry. When reviewing the various assessments online, in a catalogue, or face-to-face with a vendor, ask the following questions:
1. What is the purpose of the specific assessment tool and how will it help us accomplish the objectives of our assessment program?
2. How does the assessment help us understand the whole-person to give us a more solid basis to make important career and employment-related decisions?
3. Is the assessment instrument unbiased and fair to all groups who will be assessed?
4. Is the assessment procedure and instrument adequately reliable for our use?
5 . Is the assessment procedure and instrument valid for our specific purpose?
6. Is the assessment tool appropriate for our target population?
7. Is there understandable and comprehensive documentation available for the assessment instrument?
8. Is training and support provided for assessment administrators?
9. Is the data from the assessment instrument secure?
10. Is training and support available to ensure that scores are interpreted properly?
11. Is the outcome of the assessment simple enough to enable managers to interpret the results or is a certified professional required?